What is PyDev?
PyDev is a Python IDE for Eclipse, which may be used in Python, Jython and IronPython development.
It comes with many goodies such as:
For more details on the provided features, check the Features Matrix.
First time users are strongly advised to read the Getting started guide which explains how to properly configure PyDev.
The recommended way of using PyDev is bundled in LiClipse, which provides PyDev builtin as well as
LiClipse you directly support the development of PyDev).
If you'd like to analyze the performance of your programs, check PyVmMonitor.
Release 8.0.0 (2020-09-06)
- Make sure that only one MyPy is running at a given time (to prevent cache corruptions).
- Properly report MyPy messages that only have a line number. (#PyDev-1091)
- MyPy integration now also shows notes for a message. (#PyDev-1088)
- Debugger (updated to pydevd 2.0.0)
- The frame evaluation mode (which adds programmatic breakpoints by rewriting bytecode) was redone (it had a critical issue which could make it skip breakpoints).
- Fixed issue collecting try..except information.
- Fixed issue evaluating numpy array with unexpected dimension.
- Type Inference
- Option to create a method at a given class properly considers type-hinting. (#PyDev-1092)
- Support code-completion for Optional. (#PyDev-1089)
- Properly handle type information when given as a string. (#PyDev-1082, #PyDev-1087)
- Fixed issue where line/col was not forwarded properly in go to definition. (#PyDev-1075)
- Typing info should have priority when available. (#PyDev-1079)
- Properly get completions considering function annotation. (#PyDev-1078)
- Test running
- Fixed issue running tests which override address with nose. (#PYDev-1095)
- Fixed issue where test import/export didn't deal well with binary chars that were collected from the test. (#PyDev-1067)
- When finding a file in a project on Windows consider paths as case insensitive.
- .mypy_cache and .pytest_cache contents are now marked as derived (so they can be filtered out in searches).
- Fixed case where auto-import could be added to wrong location. (#PyDev-1085)
- Occurrence was not found in type hint return. (#PyDev-1076)
- Find references not working for constant depending how it's used. (#PyDev-1083)
- Backported fix to properly parse raw f-string in Python 3.6. (#PyDev-991)
- Code completion inside f-strings. (#PyDev-1081)
Release 7.7.0 (2020-08-02)
MyPy integration improvements
- New option to set project source folders as MYPYPATH.
- --follow-imports=silent now set by default.
- The cache dir is set by default to project/.mypy_cache
Many improvements for dealing with typing information (in code-analysis and code-completion).
Debugger improvements (updated to pydevd 1.9.2)
- Fix dealing with generator expressions with multiple breakpoints in frame eval mode.
- Improvements to deal with blocking evaluate requests.
Support for pip installed namespace packages (#PyDev-151).
Fixes in the PyLint integration (#PyDev-729).
Updated to latest isort.
isort properly gets project level configuration (#PyDev-993).
Support for parsing using the latest version of cython (0.29).
Properly supporting the latest pytest version (6.0) (TerminalWriter API changed).
Fix when applying diffs from external tool (such as the black formatter).
Projects sorted by name even if project is also a source folder in the PyDev Package Explorer (#PyDev-959).
Fix in extract method refactoring with typing information (#PyDev-1034)
Auto-edit for __exit__ parameters (#PyDev-1068).
Nodes are no longer auto-expanded in quick outline if the outline is too big.
Properly computing local import target location on code completion with auto local import (#PyDev-1070).
View release notes for previous releases